Americas Barter Exchange Code of Conduct
In order to promote goodwill and assure honest and equal treatment to all members, I do hereby pledge to conduct business with my fellow Americas Barter Exchange (ABE) members in the following manner:
- I will offer trade members the same goods, services, priorities, and considerations as cash customers.
- I will get or give a written estimate or contract on any job to be delivered or completed in the future.
- I will charge my prevailing retail price on all trade sales.
- I will pay all gratuities and tax in cash.
- I understand that all ABE transactions are to be 100% trade for the first $5,000 on every transaction.
- I understand that ABE is to act as the third party record keeper. Any disputes that arise need to be resolved between the buyer and the seller.
- I understand that if I do not abide by the Transaction Rules, my ABE account is at risk of being closed.
- I will not ask for discounts or sale prices at members’ establishments.
- I will not engage in direct trade with any other ABE member but will always go through Americas Barter Exchange.
- I will not falsely declare my account on hold.
- I will immediately report any violations of the Code of Conduct to Americas Barter Exchange.